Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  8:58 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] 'opera singer' was junior, church- my rant

>From: "Shawna" <allegro@e...>

<snip>
>I think that the more educated the populace becomes, and the more critical
>of being marketed to, the more we'll see more discerning tastes. People may
>still not be able to sit through 4 hours of Verdi, but at least they'll be
>able to tell you why.
>
>-Shawna

Given the ratings of NBC's Olympic coverage, maybe there's hope for us
Usonians yet.....

I really treasure one reaction I got from an "Opera Night" I sang at an
Italian restaurant. Some friends heard one man at the next table say, "Hey,
this opera stuff isn't so bad."

Me, I can sit through Verdi. Four hours of Wagner, that's a different
story.

Elizabeth "*%$# Nazi music!" Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse