Vocalist.org archive

From:  Anne Cronvich <acronvich@h...>
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  11:07 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] 'opera singer' was junior, church

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I used to be such a stuffed shirt where
singing was concerned, constantly analyzing every voice I heard. I was a
miserable old (actually, I was young at the time) snob. As soon as I
relaxed, I began to enjoy so many more singers and styles. IMO, I think
it is a good sign that the "common man" has found Charlotte, Sarah and
Andrea. They could be a doorway into further listening of the "greats."
A person has to start somewhere. I didn't listen to opera until a boy I
was interested in turned me on to it. This was back in 1966. That
intoduction, even if it was based on wanting to "snag " a guy ended up
leading me to a teaching career in voice. Anne

emusic.com