Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  10:48 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Big Money WAS:'opera singer' was junior, church

Tako wrote:

> Considering how many more "pro opera" slots there are out there than
> "10-year pop career" slots, it is actually more probable that one "make
> it" (living wage) in opera than in pop.

You don't really think so, do you? Remember they make money from licensed
merchandise, posters, etc, too. Maybe a good way to verify that is checking
those end-of-the-year lists of the richest artists in the world. I bet only
Pavarotti will be representing the classical world, and most likely for his
"... and Friends" than for his
arias.

Bye,

Caio rossi

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4808 Re: Big Money WAS:'opera singer' was junior, chur Tako Oda   Fri  9/29/2000   2 KB

emusic.com