Vocalist.org archive

From:  R.L.Frye@w...
Date:  Fri Sep 29, 2000  5:47 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vocal Ped Question...

I would choose James Stark's brand new (March 2000) Bel
Canto: A History of Vocal Pedagogy. A former teacher
of mine (Donald G. Miller, of the voice research lab in
Groningen, Netherlands, and co-developer of the
VoceVista program which is being used at various
universities and with the Met Young Artists Program) has
written a very thorough review of it which should appear
on Amazon.com in the near future. I just checked and
the review is not there yet; if this would be helpful to
you in making your decision, I'll see if I can get it
from him and post it.

Robin Lynne Frye
Mezzo-Soprano
Voice and Piano Teacher
New York, New York
> If you had the opportunity to choose a vocal pedagogy textbook for
undergraduate
> singers (as I do), which text would you choose, and why? I am trying to make
> decision here, and desire your input. Thank you for any suggestions you may
> have.
>

> David Grogan
> ETBU Music
> Marshall, Texas