Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  11:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer)

>From: roses41usa@n...
>Just wondering if any tenors out there have ever had
>this experience during a lesson...
>
>I hadn't eaten anything for dinner (I have my voice lessons in the
>evening), and when it came time to sing the high B (or is it a B
>flat?)in Flotow's M'appari, I got incredibly dizzy and almost passed
>out! This was the first I ever skipped a meal. I sang it a couple
>more
>times and literally almost blacked out!

Probably explains why so many tenors look as if they NEVER miss a meal.

;-D

(Sorry. I couldn't resist.)

Elizabeth Finkler (big strong mezzo)
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse

4748 Re: Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer) LikeSoMuchFish@a...   Fri  9/29/2000   2 KB
4753 Re: Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer) RALUCOB@a...   Fri  9/29/2000   2 KB
4767 Re: Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer) leskayc@a...   Fri  9/29/2000   2 KB
4816 Re: Fainting on a high B? (smarta** answer) Patricia M Smith   Sat  9/30/2000   3 KB

emusic.com