Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  2:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Tako in San Francisco... bad URL

Beautiful poster, Tako. Japanese Canadians had similar treatment during
that war, in interesting distinction to the German prisoners of war, some
of whom were interned at a camp north of here at Whitewater Lake. There
were no fences, just lots of forest. Some of those used to do overnight
hikes to local farms to trade handiwork for eggs etc. No-one cared so long
as they were back in the morning. I believe that many of them eventually
settled here after the war - I certainly seem to know a lot of old Germans
living in the region! john

At 05:43 PM 9/27/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Cool. Gives me incentive to learn that Tom Paxton song I heard on the radio
>the other day: "Don't Slay That Potato!"
>
>:-)
>
>Liz
>

>>From: Tako Oda <toda@m...>
>>To: vocalist-temporary@egroups.com
>>Subject: [vocalist-temporary] Tako in San Francisco... bad URL
>>Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 14:06:12 -0700 (PDT)
>>
>>Duh. The URL for my poster for Rabbit in the Moon from before won't work
>>because I posted it in the wrong egroup. Here's a web address that should
>>work:
>>
>> http://www.egroups.com/files/vocalist-temporary/rabbit08_web.JPG
>>
>>Hope to see you there!
>>
>>Tako
>>

>Elizabeth Finkler
>http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
>mightymezzo@h...
>
>"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado
>
>"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
>quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse

John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada

emusic.com