Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  5:15 am
Subject:  Re:Potatoes;) and for Ian B.

At 05:43 PM 27-09-00 -0700, you wrote:
>Cool. Gives me incentive to learn that Tom Paxton song I heard on the radio
>the other day: "Don't Slay That Potato!"

Black Adder, " I'm fed up with those damn potatoes Raleigh brought back.
They're carving them, painting them, God knows next
they'll
be eating them". Can this be another rural plot to coax
us into eating more carbohydrate than we need:)

from Reg...on reduced carbo and feeling great. I lost
the feeling of vocal support for a while
especially under
the influence of the abs device at the gym but it has now
returned with a vengeance. I keep singing through breaths
to see how long I can float. I'm ecstatic.

Ian B ,if you're there, I was wondering if, as an ex
dancer
your feeling of support from the epigastric area is so
automatic that you've never had to give it a thought.
See, I can't imaging NOT having that 'support' especially
in soft sustained Schumann. I find that the stronger and
more subtle the abs , the better every aspect of my
singing.
Would you kindly inspect yourself very closely please and
let me know :) Regards Reg again.

emusic.com