Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  4:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] student's ear pops while singing

In a message dated 09/27/2000 9:19:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
acronvich@h... writes:

<< Anne, again, here! Here's an idea: this is a maneuver done in
cranio-sacral therapy by John Upledger--have your student or you gently
pull the ears toward the back of the head--this works best when lying
down. One thing that happens is that the sinuses may drain. You can also
feel the hard palate seem to expand ever so slightly. I don't know if
this will help the popping but it sure feels good. >>

Tell me about cranio-sacral therapy..... privately if you don't want to
involve the list...

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com