Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  3:54 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: student's ear pops while singing

Anne wrote:

> Carrie, I have had students get dizzy when they first experience high
> head tones.

That's what I described in my previous e-mail, BTW.

>The ENT does sound like the place to go.

I don't know about the US, but in my country ENTs are not so well-informed
about TMJ symptoms. They tend to treat the symptoms only. I'd refer the
student directly to an orthodontist and then to an ENT. Or better, in Sao
Paulo, Brazil, we have a treatment for that at the Clinics Hospital, where
professionals from different areas, including psychiatrists, treat those
patients. I'm almost sure you must have that too in big cities around the
world.

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com