Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Caio Rossi" <caioross@z...>
Date:  Thu Sep 28, 2000  3:48 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: student's ear pops while singing

Carrie wrote:

> Thank you for your reply! I have had many students with TMJ, and
> most of them describe a destinct "click" when the jaw drops, just as
> you have described. This girl says that it is not a click at the
> level of the jaw joint, but a "pop" within her ear canal.

The jaw may be pressing back and causing that pop within he ear canal.
Earaches are also common symptoms of TMJ. Fortunately, that's maybe the only
one I don't have!

> mentioned that she does get dizzy sometimes when she is singing.

I used to have that problem when my first teacher asked me to send the blow
of air into the head ( an image only, but ... )

Bye,

Caio Rossi

emusic.com