Vocalist.org archive

From:  leskayc@a...
Date:  Wed Sep 27, 2000  4:08 pm
Subject:  Charlotte Church: the inevitable

Did anyone see the critique of Charlotte Church's recent concert with the
Atlanta Symphony? Someone sent a friend of my the article from the Atlanta
newspaper-apparently she is really showing signs of vocal strain and abuse.
This critic really panned her, called her sound shallow and mentioned that
she was far too young to sing Puccini and the like.

Our Children's chorale conductor read it to our kids as part of a lecture on
voice care.

Sad, but I guess they can cry all the way to the bank. Surely they (her
parents, herself) were aware that this was coming. Then again, maybe not.
The Vocalisters surely knew it!!!

Leslie

emusic.com