Vocalist.org archive

From:  gwyee@r...
Date:  Tue Sep 26, 2000  10:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] edema and high notes

At 02:54 PM 9/26/00 EDT, Leslie wrote:
>Why is it that when you (at least this is true for me) for whatever reason
>(cold, allergy, etc) have some edema in your cords it is easier to sing high
>notes than low ones? It seems to me that it should be the other way around,

For me, it IS the other way around. My voice tells me I'm coming down with
something usually a day or two before the rest of me lets me know. When
I've a cold, "Bass-land" (with easy low notes all the way down to E2) here I
come! But then I have to concentrate a great deal more in the upper middle
and higher ranges with voice breaks all over the place. Sometimes, it's a
useful early warning system for impending colds.

GWendel

emusic.com