Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mike & Vicki Bryant <mbryant@f...>
Date:  Mon Sep 25, 2000  3:01 am
Subject:  Re: vibrato

Caio wrote:

vtec> I liked your 'silly-singing technique'. I'd sing much better if I could be
vtec> more natural! :-) But, what kind of sounds do you ask them to do. I can
vtec> remember some of them from the list, though I'm not sure you suggested
them,
vtec> like GAY ( a politically-correct vocalise ), the sound of a frog, but can
vtec> you suggest any others?

Sometimes I'll ask them to talk like Mickey Mouse or Miss Piggy.
Sometimes I ask them to call out "hey" like they're trying to get
someone's attention who's across the street. Sometimes I'll make a
"scary ghost sound" - "woo", which flies wildly up and down the scale
similar to an uncontrolled glissando. Whatever comes to mind, and
whatever works!

Vicki Bryant, mezzo-soprano
Naperville, IL

emusic.com