Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patricia M Smith <dgcsorcmgr@j...>
Date:  Mon Sep 25, 2000  1:48 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] amateur vs amateurish

Thank you, Christine.
The piece was "Allerseelen" & it has been a long time since I felt that
good about my solo singin. It is amazing what the human body will allow
you to do when you are pumped with adrenalin, know your music & are
confident that you are doing the right thing for the situation. I really
felt like I was singing primarily for her. My mom-in-law came here from
Germany in the 50's & had a great love of music, which she also instilled
in her children.

Pat Smith

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:36:35 EDT Mezzoid@a... writes:

> In a message dated 09/23/2000 11:38:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
> dgcsorcmgr@j... writes:
>
> << Pat Smith
> Amateur Dramatic Soprano (who pulled off a Strauss piece at her
> mom-in-law's memorial service this AM!) >>
>
> Congrats on the success of the Strauss piece ... condolences on the
> loss of
> your mother-in-law...
>
> Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
> Wauwatosa, WI

4597 Art Song Radio thomas mark montgomery   Mon  9/25/2000   2 KB

emusic.com