Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Mon Sep 25, 2000  12:39 am
Subject:  Terrific show to see! (in SF Bay Area)

I caught "Sweet Charity" at the Saratoga Drama Group on Friday night.
Well-acted, well-sung, REALLY well-danced and imaginatively staged. Geri
Carlson Sauls dances up a storm as Charity... and she's lovely, funny and
sweet besides. Lots of good songs.

Jon Wenger handles the sound board. If all sound guys were like Jon, I
wouldn't have had to post the S.O.B. Manifesto on my web page. G*d and
Dionysus bless him.

"Charity" runs at the Saratoga Civic Theater through October 11. Most
tickets $18. Call 408-264-3110 or visit the web page at http://ww.sdg.to.

Also saw TheaterWorks' production of "Master Class", which closed this
weekend. Charlotte Cornwell's performance as Callas is sterling, and the
play has much to say about art, celebrity and singing.

Elizabeth Finkler
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo/
mightymezzo@h...

"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

"Quitters never win. Winners never quit. But those who never win and never
quit are just plain stupid." --anonymousse