Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sun Sep 24, 2000  2:46 am
Subject:  Re: Fw: [vocalist-temporary] vibrato

In a message dated 09/23/2000 7:48:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
RALUCOB@a... writes:

<< if air is coming in through your nose, your soft pallette is not up.
and, if air is going back out your nose, your soft pallette is not up (unless
the air is coming from another part of your head). >>

I disagree with you based not only on my own experience and feeling, and my
training in pedagogy, but also based on Miller's STRUCTURE OF SINGING, p. 59
... "Yet there is a favorable arch to the fauces, the VELUM IS RAISED, and
the connecting channel between the resonators is open and free. The same
senasation of openness can be experienced whether one breathes through the
nose or through the mouth."

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com