Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Sat Sep 23, 2000  11:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] vibrato

Try having her sing on a JJJJJJJJJ. The best way to get this sound is to
sing "Judge", holding the second JJJ sound. This is slightly more open than
humming (ie, the lips are apart). If the healthy vibrato is present on the
JJJJJ, then it can usually be opened into the vowel sound. Your student may
possibly find that the vowel is not where she thought it would be.

Colin
Newark, UK