Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Thu Sep 21, 2000  7:41 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] singing in ensemble

>It's important to remember that the
student's education is paramount, not adminstrative concerns...

All right, guys...let's stop beating up on administrators! Those of us
who are those realize all too well the conflict between what we wish we
could do for students and what our resources allow us to do. It is very
easy for non-administrators to point the finger, but when you are in the
hot seat, things look altogether different. The bottom line is always
money, and you only have so much to go around (never enough). There is a
limit to what one faculty member can be expected to do for his living
wage. There are limits on everything, and administrators have to do the
best they can with the resources they have to work with. So stop already
with the implication that administrators are not thinking of the students.
We are. But the buck stops here.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4499 singing in ensemble Tako Oda   Thu  9/21/2000   3 KB

emusic.com