Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ernie Valenzuela <erniev@2...>
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  3:34 pm
Subject:  RE: Re: [vocalist-temporary] learning a role pointers

I performed a search this morning for: VOTIPKA
That is the surname of the singer I suggested Molly give a listen:
Thelma Votipka.
The only significant "hit" was: http://www.metmaniac.com
This must be the mother lode database of Met Broadcasts & recordings...
...and a nice looking web site!

If one were inspired to email "the maniac" (he has an email link) perhaps
he could provide a point of reference in obtaining a copy of this (or other)
broadcast recordings. BTW - his personal database (which I believe he is
still building) returned quite a few hits on "Hansel & Gretel". Obviously,
the recordings made may not be of the 3D (digitized sound) variety - but
I think these archives provide today's young singer a benchmark of what real
fine
singing was 4, 5, 6 or 7 decades ago & in a live venue where all warts
are exposed & cannot be covered over by a retake or an engineer's genius.

E.V.