Vocalist.org archive

From:  Bobby Kravitz <bobkravitz@e...>
Date:  Tue Sep 19, 2000  3:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] learning a role pointers

Molly. Do you know an Opera Coach? Or ask others in your ensemble if they know
of one.....That would be the best.....If not, get the recording and start
slowly. I find if I write the words down I memorize and learn much
faster.........But a coach who can help youstart from scratch is the best.....I
had one of the finest coaches in the country, Maestro Suppa. I was not a good
musician. He would start me from scratch and by golly, i learned the part and
the opera in no time........Now I am a musician and thank god I did become one
because of him.....A Coach is my suggestion. Learning an Opera part on your own
is not good.
Bobby.Philly