Vocalist.org archive

From:  LikeSoMuchFish@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 16, 2000  12:29 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] building your immune system?

Actually, the greatest thing I have ever done for my alergies is regular
consumption of local honey.I swear by it!
In college, I was on prescription antihistimines for my seasonal alergies but
they were too drying and effecting my vocal endurance.
I was recommended to an Allergist who was quite pro-homeopathy . It was this Dr
.who first suggested that I try eating small doses(a few or so teaspoons a
week) of local honey* every other day. After a year of this, I found my
symptoms were drastically reduced and I
no longer needed daily antihistimines.
This treatment works by building an internal immunity to local pollen.
I will attempt to search out a study on this--I remember reading a reputable
article supporting this theory, especially with children.

:jc
*local honey is honey produced organically, without preservitives and within
your growing region. It can be bought at whole-food or health food stores.

emusic.com