Vocalist.org archive

From:  "saint james" <stjames@l...>
Date:  Sat Sep 16, 2000  12:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] building your immune system?

>It's a strange thought. By wallowing in things that I
>may be sensitive to, am I building a resistance to
>them?
>
>Of course, I also heard that wearing glasses causes
>your eyes to get worse faster than not wearing them,
>which I don't believe. So I'm ready to listen to
>scientific bashing of the above theories.
>
>Isabelle B.

James here......

As to the sunglasses, I do know someone who has to wear sunglasses all the
time because he wore them all the time as a kid. I think the clear benefits
of being able to see while you drive, UV filtering, ect make them worth
while. Just don't wear them every waking moment.

I lived in New Orleans, which was the worst for my allergies. I could not of
picked a worst place. If I left for more than a few days the allergies were
worse when I returned. I've very allergic to cats but not my cats, I have
gotten used to them. I think it is reasonable to avoid what you can,
if you have major problems, but keep in mind that your reactions may be more
extreme if you encounter it. No point in trying to avoid pollen, ect,
as some things are everywhere.

James

emusic.com