Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M Olson" <lisa_molson@m...>
Date:  Fri Sep 15, 2000  3:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] OFF: Vegetarianism and Allergies (the last rant... nah.....)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000 13:49:34
Takeshi Oda wrote:
>You will suffer also if you are a strict carnivore. You would get scurvy
>and incredibly clogged arteries. American society has been omniverous for
>years - our cuisine has necessarily adapted to allow people to survive. Of
>course if you simply eliminate entire food group, you will suffer, because
>you are tampering with an established nutrient balance.

As long as we are on this topic, I just wanted to second Tako's idea here, and
say that the new no carbohydrate, all-meat and fat diets out there can be
harmful as well. It is my opinion that the American way is to take a good
thing to the extreme, and it becomes bad. So, in the 80's, we all decided fat
was bad for us and we started pigging out on carbohydrates (and "fat free"
foods), now in the year 2000, we decide that all those carbos were bad for us
and we start pigging out on meat and fat. I HONESTLY believe that a balanced
diet with moderation is the best thing for most of us. (So, I do eat Ben &
Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream once in a while - once in a while
is the key).

Sorry, I just had a conversation with a friend who is on the Atkins diet, and
she wouldn't listen to me. I had to get this out.

Lisa-Marie

emusic.com