Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 15, 2000  4:08 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Sexism and appropriate vocal registers WAS: Source o...

In a message dated 09/14/2000 4:13:16 PM Central Daylight Time,
DCLARK@r... writes:

<< This sort of thing is maddening, of course, and it does take patience to
reach
such a student. But I have discovered that such an "attitude" is often a
front for deep-seated anxiety and low self-esteem. I remember what it was
like
to be a teen-ager, and much of the time I did not feel very good about
myself.
Give the girl the benefit of the doubt for now at least. >>

Oh, I am ... and I'm curious to see if she'll be different once Mom isn't
there (I HOPE Mom won't be there after this first lesson!). It's just a tad
annoying when I have a full house of eager, enthusiastic students (including
one who QUIVERS whenever I give her any new information!!).

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com