Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Fri Sep 15, 2000  4:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vegetarianism and Allergies (the last rant, for now....

In a message dated 09/14/2000 3:06:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
mightymezzo@h... writes:

<< The other problem is that I find vegetarians hard to take, even when the
cuisine is delicious! The big exception is the gang of Indians I work with,
perhaps because Indian vegetarian food doesn't taste like penance.

I did a young artist program a few years ago and we had two strict
vegetarians among us, one of whom was a vegan.... so the people hosting us
bent over backwards to accommodate them, so that we NEVER got any meat in the
meals that were provided us! And I know that vegetarian cuisine can be
wonderful, but the people feeding us weren't really imaginative... finally
one of our basses rebelled, saying, "I'm tired of eating LINT! I want some
MEAT!" and a bunch of us skipped out of a dinner to a nearby pizza joint and
had pepperoni pizzas!

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com