Vocalist.org archive

From:  Paul Sinasohn <pauls@c...>
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  9:36 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Sexism and appropriate vocal registers W AS: Source of frequencies

Tako,

can you get more specific about WHICH european classical music represents
Victorian values in its melody??

Since almost all "Grand Opera" was written on the continent, where culture
ridiculed the British and held "Victorian" habits in disdain, I don't see
how it could contain hold-over values.

G & S is a good candidate, but the music mocks the conventions of the time
(as do the lyrics).

So which european classical music are you referring to?

Paul Sinasohn
a very Bass person

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4306 Sexism and appropriate vocal registers (anthropol Tako Oda   Wed  9/13/2000   3 KB
4335 OFF: Stimulating Lactation WAS: Evil Nestle Takeshi Oda   Thu  9/14/2000   2 KB
4336 OFF: Stimulating Lactation WAS: Evil Nestle Takeshi Oda   Thu  9/14/2000   2 KB

emusic.com