Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sandra" <sandra@i...>
Date:  Wed Sep 13, 2000  5:19 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Vegetarianism and Allergies (and: Finding Balance)

> another benefit to goat dairy is that its industry is less cruel to
the
> animals in it. the cow dairy industry, being in larger demand, is guilty
of
> forced lactation, seperating calf from mother immediately, and in so
doing,
> supplies the veal industry.
>
> mike

Pretty interesting information on the cow v. goat milk. Thanks. As for the
cruelty issue, I would have to agree from the couple of goat dairy operation
I have seen. The goats roam freely and are treated well. No little cages
or separation at birth. The only thing I had a problem with-being sensitive
as I am-was that the male babies are butchered for meat at a fairly young
age. Sadly, male offspring were considered a liability on a dairy
operation. It only takes a few adult males to "service" the herd.

BTW, Mike, I've been meaning to say thanks for your response on teaching
your students to practice. I took away some very good points from you post
(and Isabelles, some others). I see some gaps in my regime. Also, I am
working with a new instructor starting this week-scary but exciting changes!

Sandra

emusic.com