Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tak Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Tue Sep 12, 2000  7:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

On Tue, 12 Sep 2000 chosdad@c... wrote:
> We can certainly debate what Asawa means by "falsetto" but I believe
> it is a different mode of production then tenor head voice

I can add a bit more to this... he has said in another interview that he
is not like the countertenors who take their chest voices up too
high. "They sound like tenors with falsetto tops." This implies that 1) he
carefully avoids using chest except at the bottom and 2) he considers
what he does falsetto for most of his range.

Interesting note, though, that shows his definition of falsetto is
different from the "pedagogical" definition... He has been known to say
the women have falsetto too! He seems to think what he does is comparable
to what women do. Whether or not it's physically true is a separate issue,
but it's interesting that this is his perspective.

Tako

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4265 my vocal pedagogy class - really of personal inte John Alexander Blyth   Tue  9/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com