Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 12, 2000  2:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

In a message dated 09/12/2000 8:31:39 AM Central Daylight Time,
LMorgan923@a... writes:

<< Yes, there is a more prominent break at that point in my voice. I rarely
go to full chest until I get below middle C, and not then if I have to go
right back up again. I find that if I drop into full chest, it's very
difficult to get out of it without a noticable change in vocal quality. >>

That's exactly how I approach using my chest voice as well. I have enough of
a mix that my own teacher would ask me "Are you using full chest?" It
carries and rarely gets wimpy unless I've had a cold or something....

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4266 Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognitio Tako Oda   Tue  9/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com