Vocalist.org archive

From:  LYNDA313@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 12, 2000  3:20 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Finding balance (was Frequency of Lessons) - long

In a message dated 9/11/00 4:08:51 PM, Mezzoid@a... writes:

<< "You have always been very good at multi-tasking but just remember
one thing: Just because you CAN keep all the balls in the air doesn't mean
you have to." >>

Those of us in artistic pursuits are mighty likely to have multiple talents
and/or interests in the arts as well as other fields. It's just the way our
minds work. But I have noticed that others whose minds DON'T work this way
are likely to give us "good advice": that is to say, "you SHOULD do this or
that because you are so good at it", or something of the sort. The truth is
that I am happiest when I sing some, teach some, write some, and rest some.
My other interests combine with my music: photography, poetry writing,
reading, sewing, and traveling. I'm lucky I can go many directions; many
cannot. But it is only WE who can decide in what directions we shall go.

Sincerely,
Lynda Lacy (singer, teacher, choral conductor, lyric writer, wife, mother,
traveller, etc...you get the picture)

Lynda Lacy, Director of Choral Activities
Jackson Preparatory School
Jackson, Mississippi
"Allow your voice to serve the music, not the other way around." - B. R.
Henson

<A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/lynda313/myhomepage/profile.html">Lynda and
the Fine Arts</A>

emusic.com