Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  8:43 pm
Subject:  Re: Source of frequencies was:Falsetto Recognition

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 LMorgan923@a... wrote:
> No, I really do feel it as a continuum. The choice that I make is how
> heavy or how light to make the mixture to make a song balance correctly. Or,
> to put it into the terms you used, how much of a heady or chesty quality to
> use.

Thanks for responding!

I wonder, is there some kind of a break much lower in your range? Like
G3? Many mezzos such dark, powerful voices, they don't ever need to use
their "open chest" voices, i.e. the baudy gym teacher voice... Perhaps the
switch between the gym teacher voice and the rest of the voice correlates
more to the one I experience, or maybe I'm just plain wrong about this
whole thing... :)

Thanks again...

Tako

emusic.com