Vocalist.org archive

From:  LMorgan923@a...
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  3:40 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] MED: Nasacort spray??

In a message dated 9/9/2000 9:19:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, leskayc@a...
writes:

<< For what it is worth, the docs at Vanderbilt Voice Center are the ones who
put me on Flonase (another nasal steroid much like nasacort). I would think
that they would be up to date on how meds affect the voice. I know that it
really helps me! >>

On the other hand, I'm allergic to Flonase. I tried it once, lost my
voice the day after I started using it, used it for a week, quit, and my
voice came back within a day. I had NEVER completely lost my voice before.
I thought it was pretty strange to be allergic to an allergy treatment. I'm
using a different nasal steroid now (sorry, I don't remember which one) and
it works very nicely and I haven't had any trouble with it.

Lee Morgan
Mezzo-soprano

emusic.com