Vocalist.org archive

From:  "DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTMENT)" <DCLARK@r...>
Date:  Mon Sep 11, 2000  2:20 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Italian Songs and Arias

Linda F. wrote an excellent commentary on Italian songs and asked:

>What other sources of Arie Antiche do the rest of you use?

Unfortunately, I usually use the infamous 24, because incoming freshmen
usually bring that with them, and I hate to ask them to buy a brand new book,
when they've only sung a few songs out of that one. If I am the one who gets
to choose what they will order, I almost never order the 24, because, after
30+ years of teaching, I prefer to hear some different songs! :) So, you
high scool teachers out there, give us a break and order a different volume.
I, too, like the two-volume G.Schirmer set -- can't recall the name, and I am
not near my music. And there are others. Get a catalogue and check it out.

|\ Dr. Diane M. Clark, Assoc. Prof./Chair of Music Dept., Rhodes College
| 2000 N. Parkway, Memphis, TN 38112, 901-843-3782, dclark@r...
() http://gray.music.rhodes.edu/musichtmls/faculty/dclark.html

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
4236 Re: Italian Songs and Arias Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  9/12/2000   2 KB

emusic.com