Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 9, 2000  5:06 pm
Subject:  Fred Burcinall (was Roberta Peters)

Dear Friends,
In my post about Ms. Peters, I mentioned that Mr. Burchinall's voice "crapped
out". I apologize for having used that term without due consideration. As far
as I know, this was only a temporary problem he encountered in the 1980's.
Many, many singers need to retrain to overcome difficulties. Not all of them
have the wisdom to do so. Evidently he did. He went to Europe for a number of
years during that time (I assume to iron out any technical problems). I have
the deepest respect for him as a singer and colleague. He was fun to work
with and had a very agreeable personality not to mention a helluva nice high
A! I am told he is back at the Met and doing well. I rejoice in his success
and wish him only the very best. There was no malice intended at all in that
post.
Warmest regards,
Les

emusic.com