Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 9, 2000  5:45 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Frequency of Lessons

sandra,

you don't learn to sing once a week. it is probably not an increase of
lessons you need but more efficient practice. every once in a while i will
have my students practice for me. it is astonishing what, otherwise
rational, people will come up with when left to their own devices. i have
had students who seemed to get nowhere until i taught them how to practice
and then really took off. i suggest you ask your teacher for a lesson in
how to practice. don't worry if this request is greeted with shock.
regretably, it is something we teachers often overlook.

mike

emusic.com