Vocalist.org archive

From:  Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  9:11 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

Diane Clark wrote:

> I've got news for you, Trevor. People of all shapes, sizes, and types
> fall
> in love!

Hello Trevor,

"What Diane said"... How about Leonard Bernstein's "Trouble in Tahiti".
The whole piece is great - wonderful jazzy stuff... It's basically about a
couple having marital problems - a certain kind of quirky "dramedy" (drama &
comedy). There are two gorgeous duet scenes for the husband (bass-baritone)
and wife (mezzo). Though the husband's role is written for bass-baritone,
from my own lyric baritone experience, it's pretty much in our range as
well, especially the duets.

Cheers.

Michael

Michael Eckford <michaelb@y...>