Vocalist.org archive

From:  Bobby Kravitz <bobkravitz@e...>
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  10:27 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

There is also the Cat Duet.....by Rossini. It is for Two Female,But I
performed it last year with a female and we literally tuned it into a Cat
fight between the sexes and the staunch opera nuts loved it......We bought
two upper half cat masks that you would wear at a masq. Ball. It was
fun.............I have the Music if you can not find it.......Bobby, Philly

Trevor Allen wrote:

> Hello All,
> I am in a opera/musical theatre workshop class. As
> an assignment, we, the members of the class, had to
> pick a partner, and then pick a scene from an opera in
> English to perform in front of the class. I am paired
> with my dear friend, April. She has described herself
> as a mezzo with a rather heavy voice. I am a lyric
> baritone. Are there any scenes at ALL that would be
> appriopriate for two college students that do not run
> more than 5-7 minutes and are from an opera in
> English. I should also mention, that we are both
> considered character actors, so any love scenes might
> look a little funny with the two of us performing it.
> I'm excited to work with someone I like so much, but I
> am REALLY afraid we won't find something that fits us
> both. ANY help or suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated by us both.
>
> Many thanks in advance,
> Trevor J. Allen

emusic.com