Vocalist.org archive

From:  Paul Sinasohn <pauls@c...>
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  4:53 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

Three words: Gilbert and Sullivan

Spoof yourselves, and do the scene at the start of Pirates where Frederick
leaves the pirate ship and sees the maidens for the first time and derides
Ruth for saying she's pretty. It leads into the "Faithless Woman" duet. (OK
, he's a tenor, but you should be able to handle it)

Or use the scene at the end of The Mikado between Katisha and Ko-Ko before
the "Beauty in the bellow of the blast" duet.

There are many other possibilities....

Paul Sinasohn
Founding Director, BankAmerica Singers
Baritone/Manager, Vocal Interchange