Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Sung-il Cho" <colorofspring@h...>
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  11:12 am
Subject:  Re: countertenor vs contralto voice?

Tako wrote:
>If we could get our hands on decent equipment, I think we should do >this
>for some countertenors and mezzos on our list. We can set some
>parameters, ie:
>
> 1) sing specific notes in specific registers at a certain dynamic
> 2) no other sound from pianos, orchestras, etc.

Thanks mike and Tako for comments.
I wonder if we can just use CD's to compare, provided
that we can find each voice singing the same song.
I could try to find them but first I wonder if there's
any spectrogram shareware that can do this easily...
I tried Gram before, but not sure it's an appropriate one
to do this.

Would the pianos make it completely impossible to compare,
or any idea to find a part escaping the piano effect?
What song would be a good one to look for?

Thanks,
Sungil

4064 Re: countertenor vs contralto voice? Tako Oda   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4065 Re: countertenor vs contralto voice? Tako Oda   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB

emusic.com