Vocalist.org archive

From:  Trevor Allen <trevorjamesallen@y...>
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  6:13 am
Subject:  Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!!

Hello All,
I am in a opera/musical theatre workshop class. As
an assignment, we, the members of the class, had to
pick a partner, and then pick a scene from an opera in
English to perform in front of the class. I am paired
with my dear friend, April. She has described herself
as a mezzo with a rather heavy voice. I am a lyric
baritone. Are there any scenes at ALL that would be
appriopriate for two college students that do not run
more than 5-7 minutes and are from an opera in
English. I should also mention, that we are both
considered character actors, so any love scenes might
look a little funny with the two of us performing it.
I'm excited to work with someone I like so much, but I
am REALLY afraid we won't find something that fits us
both. ANY help or suggestions would be greatly
appreciated by us both.

Many thanks in advance,
Trevor J. Allen

4051 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! DIANE M. CLARK (MUSIC DEPARTM   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4054 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! RALUCOB@a...   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4059 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! snide76258@a...   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4067 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Paul Sinasohn   Thu  9/7/2000   3 KB
4072 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Bobby Kravitz   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4073 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Bobby Kravitz   Thu  9/7/2000   3 KB
4075 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Shuff@c...   Thu  9/7/2000   2 KB
4076 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Dale Gillespie   Thu  9/7/2000   4 KB
4078 Re: Help! I need an opera scene! Fast!!! Michael Eckford   Thu  9/7/2000   3 KB

emusic.com