Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  2:06 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] wobbles and chest

geez ian!

thank god (even though he doesn't exist) we have you as our conscience.
just imagine how corrupt we'd become...

i have to share your thought on support (even though i suspect you're a
little soft). i think most of the jabber about it comes from having to deal
with taking in too much air. daniel ferro, carlo bergonzi (a fine example
of Qi Gong breathing), the speech level folks and anybody who doesn't sing
classical have it right. the brain (which does fine job running our
heartbeats, endocryne systems, etc.), through the larynx, does a better job
of managing breath than we do (i could probably run my heart until someone
mentioned 'golf' or 'free red wine').

thanks again,
mike

emusic.com