Vocalist.org archive

From:  RALUCOB@a...
Date:  Thu Sep 7, 2000  1:47 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] wobbles and chest

in my response to karin's post, i mentioned lou rawls who seems to have
just sang in pure chest all the time. tony bennett (another of my big
favorites) also seems to, at least, belt his way, if not chest his way, up to
his top. both these singers look like they are having the 'time of their
life' while they are singing whereas, a number of opera singers look panic
struck (as if they are trying desperately not to puke) or, at least, under
great strain while they are singing. and opera singers usually quit earlier
(mel torme sounded the same at seventy as he did when younger and it was a
stroke that made him quit). there are a lot of differences in the
conditions that these singers and opera singers sing under. maybe it' s
some of the factors, maybe all or just one.

mike

emusic.com