Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Tue Sep 5, 2000  4:14 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Roberta Peters

In a message dated 09/04/2000 10:11:54 PM Central Daylight Time,
Zerbintta@a... writes:

<< If you ever watch videos of Peters singing it looks as if her jaw is
wired into only
one position, most noticeable in the mid and upper mid range. It is a
technique several teachers swear by, but it looks HIDEOUS to me' >>

Rent (or get from the library) the movie "How to succeed in business without
really trying" with Robert Morse and Michelle Lee. Ms. Lee virtually
dislocates her jaw when starting the 2nd verse of "I believe in you." I had
all my students watch it w/o telling them what they were watching for, and
almost every one of the screamed in horror ... the jaw goes left, out, right
and back! Complete square!

Nice voice, though! I remember thinking she was WONDERFUL when I was a
little girl (Michelle Lee, that is).

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com