Vocalist.org archive

From:  Mezzoid@a...
Date:  Sat Sep 2, 2000  3:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Why change

In a message dated 09/02/2000 1:02:51 AM Central Daylight Time,
hm381119@w... writes:

<< Anyway, if the message I sent sounded offensive, I'm sorry. I have to
admit
that emails and internet chat always have this kind of problems. Tone in
your message is not always what you want it to be.

I know what you mean, Oak ... yesterday I posted something to another board
in joking response to someone else and even put a little emoticon (sp?) after
it - namely ;) .... I still got raked over the coals by someone else for not
being able to take a joke ... someone who completely missed the emoticon ...
maybe I needed to use a bigger font.

It's like someone said about the Miller book (paraphrasing) - what seemed dry
and dogmatic when you read it the first time became infused with his voice in
your head after meeting him. We don't have the luxury of hearing each
other's speaking voices to know when something is said with anger or
suppressed laughter. It's a drawback....

Christine Thomas, Mezzo Soprano
Wauwatosa, WI

"Humility is the acceptance of the possibility that someone else can teach
you something else you do not know already, especially about yourself.
Conversely, pride and arrogance close the door of the mind."
-- Arthur Deikman, The Observing Self

emusic.com