Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Sat Sep 2, 2000  2:15 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Rib Cage Expansion

Leslie,

Forget in one instance all that rib extension rubbish!

As an ex dancer, I can tell you it has all to do with
dancing, and nothing to do with singing!

If your larynx is working right, your breath will be
right. Any sort of breathing exercise is a waste of
time in consequence. Do not be confused with any of
that musucular/tantamount to forcing, which could be
confused with good singing.

Pay good attention to the good singers and teachers
(notice how I put singers first!) on this list, as
there is excellent advice to be had. You are always
your own teacher: remember that, and don't let anyone
else tell you otherwise!

If a physical activity seems wrong or abnormmal to
you; it is wrong! Quite simple!

I would hazard a guess that my comments may cause some
annoyance to others on the list. But that is of no
consequence either. I'm always interested in whether
people/singing teachers on list such as this have had
a career, or are just talking/correcting as they think
they should?

Either way, there is of course some use to come out of
a comment or two! I'm just interested in who makes the
best of what's offered? That can make the best
singer!

OOh! With any luck, a hornests nest will be stirred
up: it's about time for some interesting singing chat!

Best to all,

Ian Belsey. Very great voice wrecker to the stars!

3920 Re: Rib Cage Expansion Reg Boyle   Sat  9/2/2000   2 KB
3980 Re: Rib Cage Expansion Lloyd W. Hanson   Tue  9/5/2000   2 KB

emusic.com