Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Fri Sep 1, 2000  2:53 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] more vocalist.org brainstorming

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 Mezzoid@a... wrote:

> In a message dated 08/31/2000 7:49:12 PM Central Daylight Time,
> fionat@i... writes:
>
> << Well said, Karen! I do agree with you. There is a lot we classical
> singers can learn from singers of other music. >>
>
> I do as well. Unfortunately, the people who only post one line "Isn't
> ____________ (Fill in the blank with popstar of the day) awesome?" are not
> among those we can learn from!!

Even this isn't entirely true. A message very close to "Isn't Neil
Shicoff awesome?" is exactly how I first learned of the existence of an
artist who has become a very important inspiration and role model to me.
And yes, my singing and approach to operatic acting have noticeably
improved because of having this artistic role model. So I did actually
learn something from that "Isn't NS awesome?" message.

Not only that, I'm regularly tempted to shout the same message from the
cyberspace rooftops! ISN'T NEIL SHICOFF AWESOME?!

Karen
-----
Ich sage euch: man muss noch Chaos in sich haben,
um einen tanzenden Stern gebaeren zu koennen.
- Friedrich Nietzsche, ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

My NEIL SHICOFF Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/shicoff/shicoff.html

My Website:
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html