Vocalist.org archive

From:  thomas mark montgomery <thomas8@t...>
Date:  Fri Sep 1, 2000  1:41 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] off-topic: Richard Miller Video Tapes

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Lisa Miller wrote:

> I believe Denyce Graves went to Oberlin. Whether she studied with him, I'm
> not sure. I was at a workshop of his this summer and he spoke about her
> voice as if he were really familiar with it. He did say she is doing some
> "weird things" at the moment.

Denyce went to school in Washington, DC (don't remember the name of the
school) and then studied with Elena Nikolaidi in Houston. Someone asked
about a student of note (!) who had studied with Richard Miller: the only
one I know is Vinson Cole, who says he learned the technique with which he
sings after he left Oberlin.

Mark Montgomery

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3896 Re: off-topic: Richard Miller Video Tapes Lisa Miller   Sat  9/2/2000   3 KB

emusic.com