Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Thu Aug 31, 2000  10:22 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] off-topic: Richard Miller Video Tapes

I think mike was referring to Miller's writing tone,
which is, unfortunately, quite pompous and
off-putting.
I am glad to hear that he is charming in person,
however. Sometimes "academic" writers tend to assume
a billious atittude common to the genre -- I saw a lot
of that in university research departments. I greatly
appreciate books like Joan Dorneman(ne?)'s _Complete
Preparation_ for her engaging, encouraging writing
style as well as her wealth of information.

[As an aside, has anyone participated in her summer
program in Israel? I'm very interested in hearing what
it's like.]

Has anyone from the list read Miller's new book on
soprano training? What sorts of sopranos does he
himself produce -- has anyone heard any of his
students, and might describe their typical "sound," if
there is one?

Isabelle

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte
San Francisco, CA
ibracamonte@y...

3866 Re: off-topic: Richard Miller Video Tapes Lloyd W. Hanson   Fri  9/1/2000   2 KB

emusic.com