Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Marko Hotti" <marko.hotti@f...>
Date:  Thu Aug 31, 2000  7:44 pm
Subject:  Update on vocalist.org

Hello again!

Someone suspected that the domain name registration hadn't been taken
care of judging by the whois information. Well, that's not true: The
domain registration has been renewed for the next two years. The problem
with the whois information is the way Network Solutions Inc. authenticate
NIC updates. They expect the updates to be sent from the domain holders
email account which according to the WHOIS database is marko.hotti@o...
which does not exist any longer. So I have had an "egg-chicken" problem.
I had a 45 minute chat with Network Solutions helpdesk last night explaining
the problem and now I will have to fax them a copy of my passport including
my signature and the ticket number to assure them it's really ME they are
doing business with...

I promised an update over the situation. Well, I have just purchased a
new PC and will install Linux on it during the weekend. I still need the
disk image from the previous ISP to get the subscribers and the majordomo
environment - and the 1.5 GB message archive - but that shouldn't be a
problem.

Please believe me when I say that I'm working on this and REALLY want to get
our domain online asap. I will be in London next week for Oracle internal
training so there's not much I can do during the weekdays but hope to get
the domain and the list working within the next two-three weeks.

What I have also done is register a .com domain but more news about that
later. The old vocalist.org site including the mailing list will continue
functioning as it were in spring. That's my priority # 1. But since I'm
now employed by the global market leader in eBusiness and have access to
database driven application server software - I'm very interested in
building
a commercial site in my freetime. This will also suit my professional
ambitions to get some real hands-on experience in building a commercial
site.

But for now - as I mentioned earlier, the vocalist.org will remain pretty
much the same it was.

With regards, Marko

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
3842 Re: Update on vocalist.org Isabelle Bracamonte   Thu  8/31/2000   4 KB
3864 Re: Update on vocalist.org saint james   Fri  9/1/2000   2 KB

emusic.com