Vocalist.org archive

From:  Tako Oda <toda@m...>
Date:  Thu Aug 31, 2000  6:11 pm
Subject:  Re: more vocalist.org brainstorming

James wrote:
> Historically speaking, as newsgroups (Usenet) are almost as old as the
> internet itself, the last place you want to go is to a newsgroup. there is
> no subscription process, all can join and there is no way to block spam and
> idiots. Want more teens and B. Spears ?

Everyone is entitled to idolize whomever they please. I happen to like
teenagers! More than anyone else, young singers need a list like this
where they can ask questions and not be made to feel stupid. I fear your
comments will drive them away.

I'm happy to tolerate singers of all ages, backgrounds, tastes. I'm also
willing to tolerate banners and even an occasional spam, but I'm also
happy to pitch in financially if everyone decides we should move.

Tako Oda

emusic.com